Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Welcome to the world, Baby Max!

This absolutely had to be my first blog post! Im sure you all remember Tina and Paul's adorable Valentines pregnancy announcement pictures, and later their Houston Zoo and Amy's Ice Cream maternity pictures. Well, back on August 17 (I told you I was behind), this little bundle of joy finally made his appearance!

Sometime toward the end of her pregnancy, Tina mentioned to me maybe being in the delivery room when she gave birth. Partly because it would be too hard for them to choose between someone in their families, and partly because she wanted photos taken( and maaaaybe because she thought Paul might pass out on her! haha). Of course I was thrilled (and a little bit nervous I must add)!

No one knew the sex of the baby, or the names that Tina and Paul had chosen (despite many efforts to get her to tell me! I am supposed to be her best friend after all..ha). The baby was due on my birthday, August 13, but since he was showing no signs of making an appearance we went to dinner at Max's Wine Dive to celebrate (the irony of this is kind of funny now). Still no baby. I kept my phone at my side at all times, my batteries charged, and my camera bag packed. The anticipation was killing me! On August 16, Tina told me that she put on the movie Footloose and was dancing around the house, because if that didn't put her into labor, she didnt know what would! Well, I guess she was right. That night I fell asleep, with the phone next to my bed as always. I just so happened to wake up around 3:30am, and saw I had some missed text messages. OH NO!!!! I immediately knew what it was. Yes, she TEXTED me, instead of calling me. LOL. I was showered, dressed, camera gear in hand and at the hospital in less than 30 minutes I think. Don't ask me how I did that.

The next several hours were full of anticipation, nervousness, and excitement. Paul's family was at the hospital when I got there, except for his sister who had accidentally turned her phone off. But she still managed to make it in time. Tina's parents and sisters even drove from Serbin, and made it in time to see her just before she had the baby! In that moment, when all the family left to go to the waiting room, and it was just me, Tina, Paul, and the medical staff in the room, I became so overwhelmed with emotion. It all seemed to happen so fast (I realize that I was not the one in labor, but she definitely handled it like a PRO).

And, the next thing I knew the doctor was holding out the baby, and I heard Paul say, "Its a BOY!". I could not hold back my tears, especially seeing the emotion in Tina and Paul. What a life changing moment. I could have never imagined what an incredible thing witnessing child birth could be. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I will hold on to that memory for a lifetime that is for sure, and Im so glad that I got to capture these moments for them as well. Love yall!

Its definitely hard to believe that Max is going to be 6 months old in just a few days!!! You will definitely be seeing more of him on this blog!






No comments:

Post a Comment