Monday, May 13, 2013

Becky, Cheryl+Kathy- A sisters session for Mother's Day! {Dayton, TX}

I have been holding on to this session for a while, because the images were used as a Mother's Day gift, and we did not want to ruin the surprise!

Everyone meet Becky, Cheryl, and Kathy. They are my cousins, and every summer for several years of my childhood, I would go and stay with one or all of them for a couple weeks at a time. It was always so fascinating to me being out in the "country" with animals, and tractors, and hay, and where "going to town" to get groceries was the most exciting thing we did all week. There was riding horses, and homemade ice cream, and my uncle taking me for tractor rides, and swimming, and Kathy dying my hair any color I wanted (within reason of course), playing with the kids, mowing Becky's yard to earn my keep, "fixing" Cheryl's hair for her, listening to them sing and play guitar on the patio, playing in the barn and swinging from trees, staying up too late, and my uncle spraying me with water to make me wake up in the mornings, sandwiches on the back porch with sweet tea. A lot of memories were made there, and I still always find solace going back there from time to time. There is nothing quite like the relationship you have with cousins.

So, back to the session. The girls wanted to have some pictures taken together to give to their mom for mother's day. It was a GORGEOUS gorgeous day in the country, and we headed out to some private land. (Note to self: do not wear flip flops to a session out in the country). We laughed until we could not laugh anymore. Spending time with these girls is just good for my soul. Each as different as night and day, but the bond between them is rare and irreplaceable. Getting them to be serious? Almost impossible. ha. But that is what I just LOVE about this session- the true emotion and love behind the images. :)

Love you girls to pieces!















No comments:

Post a Comment