Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sommerfield Maternity {Houston Zoo, Freebirds, and Amy's Ice Cream!}

It seems like just the other day I was posting their pregnancy announcement. But, it seems that Baby S is going to be making his/her arrival very soon! The baby is due on my birthday, August 13, and I have said from very early on that I think its going to be a boy. The suspense is killing me though, so I hope Baby S makes an appearance soon!

In a bar, at Aggie Domino Tournament, almost 10 years ago, somehow Tina got the nickname Monkey. I'm not even sure how it started, but it has stuck over all these years. So, it was only natural for her to want to decorate the baby room with monkeys! Right away I knew the perfect location for their maternity photos- The ZOO!!! I also knew that we had to fit in ice cream, and well, it just so happened to be right next to Freebirds. And what good Aggie would not take some maternity pics inside Freebirds? ha!

The weather had been really crappy all day, and it was hot and muggy, but the sun managed to peek out for just a bit, and the rain stopped long enough for us to do our session. The good news about it raining all day, was that the zoo was pretty empty, which made for easier pictures. And the giraffes were apparently VERY excited to see us!! :)

Tina and Paul, I am so very happy and excited for you. It has been so much fun sharing in the journey so far, and I know it has only begun. I can't wait for my phone to go off, and for me to rush off to the hospital (camera in hand, of course) to meet Baby S! I will even share my birthday if thats what it comes to. :) That is going to be one lucky kid! :) Love you both.

Also, a VERY special thanks to the awesome people at the Houston Zoo, Freebirds, and Amy's Ice Cream for letting us take pictures!






No comments:

Post a Comment