Friday, April 19, 2013

Gilbert Family {Dayton, TX}

Everyone meet the Gilberts. Dennis, Cheryl, and their two kids (hardly kids anymore, but still little kids to me!) Esther and Micah. Where do I even begin with this one...

Cheryl is my cousin. When I was about 7 or maybe 8, she moved in with my mom and I while she went to nursing school in Galveston. To say I was attached at her hip was an understatement. She took care of me a lot while my mom worked shift work, and I drove her crazy a lot Im sure. Then she finished school, and moved back to Cleveland. Next thing I knew I was the maid of honor in her wedding! And though as time went on, we spent less time with each other, she has always had a special place in my heart. She is one of those people that no matter what is going on with you, just talking to her puts your heart at ease. No matter how much time goes by that I don't talk to her, we can pick right up where we left off as if no time has passed between us at all. She is an amazing mom, sister, friend, and cousin. I have watched her kids grow up (way too fast, I might add- seems I was just changing diapers!), and I had so much fun getting to do this family session with them. This is definitely a family full of faith, love, strength, and devotion. I just love them to pieces. :)












No comments:

Post a Comment